Saturday, July 23, 2011

all dressed up and no where to go...

okay, well im not actually dressed up. and i really do have no where to go. at this point in my life, i am at a weird age. im at the age where i should be getting more freedom, but im still controlled by my parents. just an awkward situation overall. but the thing is with my life, since i am arabic and muslim, its not encouraged for girls to go out all the time; well at least culturally its not excepted for us. so, i stay home more than the normal american teen. no, i dont have a boyfriend or anything like that. i know i may talk about boys a lot but to tell you the truth, dont laugh, but we dont primarily look at a boy like "ooh, id date him" or something along those lines. we think "is he husband material?" hahah ok u can laugh, but its true. ask any girl. if she denys it, she's lying. i think a lot of girls think like that actually when we hit that age.
I've always fantisized about love, having the perfect man and all that good stuff. the one burden weighing me down is the fact that i have to get at least my bachelors degree in order to start "looking". i guess a little before then but still, its a long time. people are always telling me, "enjoy it! you're young! you'll hate being married" i think that the older generation hates being married because they didnt do it right. they didnt find the men they actually had feelings for; at least the women in our family. a man just married a woman if she knew how to cook food and was decent looking. sad. i know. but thats how it goes. im hoping to find that someone who doesnt think like that, although i can cook and, im not bad looking if i say so myself.
i believe the more patient a woman is in waiting for her man to arrive, the better he will be. i hope its true because i've been waiting and i will be waiting. that thought always gives me comfort. a couple minutes ago, before i wrote this blog, i was acutally thinking how much i have a boring life right now and seeing everyones statuses and tweets how they're all going party and out with their boyfriends, i coudlnt help but be jealous. then i thought, in a couple years, God willing, i will be able to do all those things i wanted to do with someone i love and my parents acceptance. i really cant wait. untill then, one can only wait for their prince charming. hah. yeah. lemme get through my first year of college before i do the thinking. i will be in my room sewing and making clothes, trying to start my career in fashion. yeah, thats what ill be doing.


God be with you all, including all my cousins in the Arab countries fighting for freedom, and norway. Allah be with those families inshAllah.
Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment